Vac sealed frozen Sockeye…how long is it good?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bgaviator

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 9, 2010
Last winter a coworker gave me a bunch of Sockeye salmon filets he caught in Alaska. I was going to make lox but didn’t get around to it last winter before it got too warm. Was going to try now before this year’s window runs out. Filets are vacuum sealed, but have now been in my freezer over a year. Still good?

Yep still good. I have vacuum sealed fish ( walleye, perch, crappie) up to 2 years and they still taste fresh. As long as the seal is tug by and no air entered, you should be just fine!

Reactions: bgaviator
Yep still good. I have vacuum sealed fish ( walleye, perch, crappie) up to 2 years and they still taste fresh. As long as the seal is tug by and no air entered, you should be just fine!
Just put some in the cure tonight. Looked and smelled fine!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky