Turkey Thighs and Smashed -n-Smoked Taters Thank you

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Thank you to TNJake and Chili for the input help on my supper today:

Jake for the heads up about the Cajun Injector Creole Butter, like you and others say....it is fantastic.
The thighs injected for 12 hours in fridge with a sprinkle of Stubbs Chicken Rub, than in smoker for 2 1/2 hours
at 235deg. with Apple chunk, Cherry and a touch of Mesquite chips. Last 1/2 hour at 310 deg. after a light spray
of cooking oil on the shin to crisp.

Thank you to Chili for the recipe i found ( others also had ) for the Smashed-N-Smoked Taters. They went in smoker
for the last hour with the temps above. A couple i did with grated med. cheddar cheese.
The thighs were very moist and light crisp on skin. Will do again, plated with small salad, corn and my homemade
bread and butter pickles. Taters fantastic and told they must be on next weeks menu with the ribs

So a BIG Thank You to everyone with making this my third smoke a happy one
David

Attachments

• DSC_2187.JPG
    DSC_2187.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_2189.JPG
    DSC_2189.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_2195.JPG
    DSC_2195.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_2190.JPG
    DSC_2190.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_2197.JPG
    DSC_2197.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_2198.JPG
    DSC_2198.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 29
Some delicious looking thighs and taters. Glad you liked the injection. Try the Creole garlic on beef sometime

Thanks for the like MCQSoker and it was great thanks

TNJAKE also thank you for letting me know about the Creole butter. It was great and the thighs were tasty and still moist
David

Reactions: TNJAKE
You had a couple great ones advising you! The results show that. It all looks good, that injection is amazing. Your thighs look perfect!

It looks delicious! We also love the creole butter , good stuff! Never seen potatoes done that way but had to be excellent!

Ryan

It looks delicious! We also love the creole butter , good stuff! Never seen potatoes done that way but had to be excellent!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan for the like, and yes the creole butter is great ( recommended by TNJake ) and the Smashed-n-smoked Taters are the best ( Thank you to Chili for the recipe i found ( others also had ) for the Smashed-N-Smoked Taters. ) The Taters are done now quite often, Mona wanted them for yesterdays supper but i already had the menu made . And enough on my plate to cook already ha ha
David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky