True Newbie alert!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dawgball

Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Nashville, TN
Name: Jason
Originally from: Kentucky
Currently live: Nashville, TN

Smoking background: Will be smoking my first meat tomorrow. Doing short ribs and large chicken drumsticks. I come from a meat smoking family. My dad was a mason by trade; his dad was a mason which naturally leads to having a full-blown smoke pit in your backyard. I grew up enjoying the rewards of smoked meat, but irresponsibly I never learned how.

As a true-blue rookie and not concerned with being a purist, I am starting with a Brinkman electric smoker. I wanted to go this route to see how the smoking career goes and have full intention of upgrading later if this thing catches.

I have a strong cooking background in the kitchen and on the grill. Just no true smoking experience.

I am looking forward to learning tips and tricks from all of you.

I have a post in the poultry forum inquiring about cooking times for the drumsticks if anyone wants to head over there with hints.

Welcome to SMF dawgball!!!

Have you considered signing up for Jeff's 5-day eCourse? Lots of good info to help get ya off on the right foot.

Welcome to SMF, Dawgball. You found the greatest Smoking Foods forum to learn from.

Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky