Trompo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fltsfshr

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 8, 2015
Got one of these and have been playing with it. Anyone else use one and what have you done on it? Last one I did we drilled corn and stuck them on with alternating thin cut pork tenderloin and poured honey habenero on top. Makes good pot liquor.
After this one smoked we added chicken broth and rice to the pan let it finish in the liquor
20220722_154109.jpg

Gee, that’s fancy. I like the pan to catch juices. I have an eleven inch spike attached to a square piece of expanded metal that we use for Al Pastor taco meat. That pretty cool and has many possibilities.

I'm liking this...a lot. Thinking of how to build one now and revamp one of the grills to have a vertical burner. Might just have to build that too but this looks like a ton of fun.

Robert

I know someone who made his. It was pretty easy to make. Only issue I've had with it is different meat cooking level varying with the height of the prong. The top cooks a touch faster. I'm tempted to add one to a wok..

There are a few threads lately using it. I did not know it had a name other than vertical spit. Here's one:

I'm liking this...a lot. Thinking of how to build one now and revamp one of the grills to have a vertical burner. Might just have to build that too but this looks like a ton of fun.

Robert

Rebert here is a picture of a machine just to give you the idea to help in the welding. It is like the Donair machines we used to use in the 70's and 80's a standing spit and manually spun with electric coils behind to cook the meat.
Now you can get this with power tables that spin .

1660684205506.png

The spits and machines we used were approx 30" high

1660684338741.png

Let me know when you build one and I will come down and make the Donair meat , and have a big pool party.
You don't mind old Canadians floating in your pool LOL

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky