Tried bells

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gypc

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 4, 2006
InDiana
Ok........we cooked the hamburger meat 1st with mushrooms, onions, chile powder, shot of wor sauce and garlic spices. Then we drained the grease and added stewd tomatos and sauce. We cooked the rice then added it all together. Cut the peppers and stuffed away. :D
imga0399in5.jpg

imga0403cv8.jpg

imga0406sq0.jpg

Oh yeah...................look at'em smoke baby 8)

imga0413bz4.jpg

My wife made some Prego sauce and we covered'm up.

imga0418lh2.jpg

They were so good................one thing, the peppers were a little to smoky..........but other than that, great success.

gypc
Great looking peppers...getting me hungry all over again...you mentioned the peppers were too smokey...I also found that to be the case when I tried to smoke some onions and peppers to go with the italian sausage I had smoking....sausage came out great...but couldn't eat the peppers and onions...far too much smoke ....thinking of maybe pre-cooking the peppers and onions before I smoke them next time..

Later
Richard

gypc!

WOW! Just now getting to your post. Absolutely beautiful food! You have done us all proud! Thank you for sharing with us!

Cheers!

Gypc...them look absolutely delicious....thanks for posting..

How long were they in the smoker? I got to try them fixed that way.

Steve

Cheese? I think these would have been even better to put some kind of cheese in'm. Like layer of stuff then cheese then stuff then cheese......ya know what I mean :D

As far as the flavor of the peepers being to smoky, maybe the next time I'll lighten up on the wood.

I smoked them for 5 hrs at about 225o.

I think this can be perfected with time. This was the 1st time and I love'm.

Yes I know just what you mean :D . Maybe a layer of mozzerella down low and something a little stronger closer to the top like a colby or jack.

Great job as they are though 8)

No wonder I STAY hungry!!!

Those peppers look fantastic. :D

You might try a fruit wood for a lighter flavored smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky