Thermometer for my smoking chamber.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Can all these be used to read the temp of just the chamber and not the meat?

Mine has broken, I have one that I put into the meat however the one on the actual chamber is what I am looking for or do all of these do that as well?
Before you spend your money, try putting the probe that got wet into the oven the next time you cook something.
I've brought many probs back to life by drying them out in the oven.

Before you spend your money, try putting the probe that got wet into the oven the next time you cook something.
I've brought many probs back to life by drying them out in the oven.
Ssshhhh! Don't tell her that! First a new therm then maybe she'll need a new smoker, grinder, meat slicer, etc. We are equal opportunity enablers around here...we can help anyone spend their money! :emoji_blush: Not sure if that was mentioned to her yet lol.

Ryan

I found this one, bit cheaper 😀

it does make sense to have the probe where your meat is sitting.
It doesn't have programmable hi/lo temp alarms. Having a therm that can alert you to low pit temps is a must have if you ever plan on doing long overnight smokes. Just something to think about.

Reactions: Pit pixie
Thermopro is a great therm. I would highly consider at least a 2 prob. One for smoker temp, one for meat. I also have a 4 probe inkbird that I never thought I'd use 4 probes...and I have.

I have this:

Can all these be used to read the temp of just the chamber and not the meat?

Mine has broken, I have one that I put into the meat however the one on the actual chamber is what I am looking for or do all of these do that as well?

Yes mine the 4 probe one . all 4 probes are the same. I just know now from always the same one is for the chamber #1 and # 3 is for the temp in the Smokers Shed air , and other 2 are for the meats etc in the smoker. They are color coded . But I do not remove them from the smoker and can not tell what color the ends are very easy.
DSC_2193.JPG

David

Reactions: Pit pixie
Can all these be used to read the temp of just the chamber and not the meat

In this picture you can see 1 probe behind the bird , and 2 in the bird . And 1 is just hanging up to the left of the Temp. reader. All 4 probes are the same with the sharp ends . You can order 1 that has the blunt end for reading the temps . but why buy an extra one if they all do the same thing.

David
7.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky