Texas-Bama Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rvachewlover

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 26, 2016
Richmond, Va
My wife and I moved into a new home back in May. While the inside was/is livable the outside was very unkept. Blackberry brambles, english ivy, poison ivy, you name it. Every weekend is a new project it seems like.

I got all my work done on Saturday and was able to set aside a couple hours to fire up ol' Stinky and do some smoked chicken quarters. Smoked these guys at 225 with red oak and some cherry from a black cherry tree I cut down a couple weeks ago. Then dipped them in an Alabama white sauce to really up the flavor. Also smoked a couple ears of corn that turned out delicious as well.

I was happy with the amount of smoke I got on the quarters, however, they tasted almost a little bit hammy. Not sure if that's because of the cherry (first time using cherry in an offset) or maybe even because I threw the corn husks into the fire. I checked the moisture content of the cherry wood and it was 20-25%. They still turned out pretty delicious and glad to have some leftovers!

Attachments

• IMG_5092.jpeg
    IMG_5092.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5093.jpeg
    IMG_5093.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5094.jpeg
    IMG_5094.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5102.jpeg
    IMG_5102.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5103.jpeg
    IMG_5103.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky