Sunday Tri-Tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
Took some steak seasoning and ran it thru the spice grinder to give me a nice powder. Put it in the smoker at 250 for 2.5 hours. Pulled and seared on the grill. Rested for about 30 minutes and then dug in. I was happy with the smoke ring considering it was only on smoke for a short time.

Thanks for viewing.

I wished I had a slicer. It was so tender and juicy that I wanted to have thin slices on a bun.

That's some excellent looking tri-tip. Thanks for the Qview.

alot of times I use CBP and salt. Today was Montreal Steak Seasoning

Looks good!! Nice smoke ring and juicy.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Dave

Cooked my first tri tip last night.
Was doin rib roast for my wife when I found out my daughter was comin home. Well she wants her meat a little more done than what I had in mind so I threw on the tri tip. Cooked to about 155. That darned thing was still so juicy and tasty, well I cant wait to try one cooked right.

By the way Brian, good lookin beef!

Brian that looks delicious. What temp did you take off at? I have to get a tri tip now, it has been a long time.

Thanks for the QVIEW.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Points to you.

Looks great nice job

Congrats on a great smoke along with the cool Q View. Tri Tip has got to be one of my favorite cuts, I've got 4 stached in the freezer. Thanks for sharing Brian.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky