Spicy Taco Pizza!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Congrats on the carousel ride! That looks killer up on my tiny phone screen...definitely not gonna turn my computer on to see it tonight

Ryan

Reactions: bauchjw
Congrats on the spinner ride!

As far as the taco bell sauce goes I think Joe xray xray is just jealous he doesn't have it readily available to him up north. Don't tell anyone but sometimes late at night I will sit in the dark and see how many packets I can squeeze into my mouth at once while watching the Golden Girls. You should try it sometime. Quite the thrill!

Looks good! I don't remember seeing taco pizza anywhere. The Mrs has been asking for tacos at least once a week lately and something like this would be a nice change.
Also like the way it fits over the vortex. With that much charcoal you could probably make two or three.
There would need to be sour cream involved for us, though ;-)

As far as the taco bell sauce goes I think Joe xray xray is just jealous he doesn't have it readily available to him up north. Don't tell anyone but sometimes late at night I will sit in the dark and see how many packets I can squeeze into my mouth at once while watching the Golden Girls. You should try it sometime. Quite the thrill!
I'm not sure I can unsee that visual! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan

• Haha
Looks great! Sorry to read some of you can't get it and have to make it. Taco pizza is very common here. We eat it once a month for sure. No Godfathers here but if any of you want a few pointers for how they do it here. bauchjw bauchjw Not critiquing at all and would tear the heck outta yours! They still use pizza sauce and don't sweat the onion but throw it on the pie. They do not season the ground beef either (it's a pizza joint) but shake on taco seasoning. Cheese is Half mozz and half cheddar. There are also few variations but the main one is "spicy taco pizza" and that is when they use salsa instead the pizza sauce and add jalapeno. You get a side of sour cream with regular taco pizza and ranch for the spicy one. I am a total sauce snob but this is a rare time where cheapo wins. Ortega "taco sauce" shines on taco pizza. It just works, trust me.

Congrats on the carousel ride! That looks killer up on my tiny phone screen...definitely not gonna turn my computer on to see it tonight
Ryan
Thank you Ryan!

Even though I’m not in Iowa anymore, I have a Casey’s a few minutes away. Had a taco pizza last week.
Ah yes! Casey's taco pizza brings back some memories too!

Congrats on yet another featured thread Jed. Very much deserved my friend.
Robert
Thank you Robert!

A cold beer and a slice (or two) of that and I'd be a happy boy. Great looking pizza!
Jim
Thank you Jim! Maybe more than one beer too!

:emoji_laughing: Sounds like a great time, I will try that! I had a roommate once that had a very similar hobby, but instead of Golden Girls it was "Willow"! He was into other stimulants than I was though:emoji_confused:

Looks good! I don't remember seeing taco pizza anywhere. The Mrs has been asking for tacos at least once a week lately and something like this would be a nice change.
Also like the way it fits over the vortex. With that much charcoal you could probably make two or three.
There would need to be sour cream involved for us, though ;-)
Haha, I hope you have a try and give it your own spin! Let me know how it goes! The kettle/vortex upside down worked really well and you are right, I also cooked two other traditional pizzas for the kids before the taco (Pepperoni and Cheese), to get it figured out a bit. I just didn't include them here, but the kids and their friends were very happy with them!

Looks great! Sorry to read some of you can't get it and have to make it. Taco pizza is very common here. We eat it once a month for sure. No Godfathers here but if any of you want a few pointers for how they do it here. bauchjw bauchjw Not critiquing at all and would tear the heck outta yours! They still use pizza sauce and don't sweat the onion but throw it on the pie. They do not season the ground beef either (it's a pizza joint) but shake on taco seasoning. Cheese is Half mozz and half cheddar. There are also few variations but the main one is "spicy taco pizza" and that is when they use salsa instead the pizza sauce and add jalapeno. You get a side of sour cream with regular taco pizza and ranch for the spicy one. I am a total sauce snob but this is a rare time where cheapo wins. Ortega "taco sauce" shines on taco pizza. It just works, trust me.
Thank you Sam! Yes, Godfather's style doesn't sound too far off from how your is and I would love to try it too. I especially love the idea of half Mozz! I didn't really follow Godfathers closely outside of memory of the key things that made it stand out for me and the addition of a few I've wanted. I believe that Godfathers uses their Cheeseburger or Hamburger Pizza for the base, followed by the fresh tomato, lettuce, Dorito toppings. I added the seasoning of the Taco meat, including tomato sauce, and left off the heavier pizza sauce because I thought it would taste better. Godfathers doesn't have raw onions on theirs and I don't like raw white onions (Except on a good hotdog) because I think its a bit overpowering, but a bit of sweat mixed with the meat still gives some good flavor and texture. I'm definitely with you on the cheap taco sauce, Ideally refrigerated before use, no argument at all with the Ortega, I just prefer the cheap Taco Bell! I do think that Crushed Doritos are a must for a Taco Pizza though! maybe next time you go to get some of your local try to sneak in a snack bag of crushed Doritos!

Thank you again Sam! Some good input and reminders for my next go!

Reactions: zwiller
Looks really good Jed! I've tried a couple taco pizzas up this way. And they use refried beans as well. Not to my liking. Yours sounds tasty as heck.

Looks really good Jed! I've tried a couple taco pizzas up this way. And they use refried beans as well. Not to my liking. Yours sounds tasty as heck.
Thank you Steve! Yes, every time I’ve tried one with beans it’s been pretty nasty to me. Better to make your own…or visit Iowa! zwiller zwiller described a great one too, I guess Ohio has some legit ones too!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Having Thanksgiving later today but this sure gives me a craving!

Do you have a Godfathers stop planned?

Ryan

Having Thanksgiving later today but this sure gives me a craving!

Do you have a Godfathers stop planned?

Ryan
36929150-5D6A-460C-9DC2-96543DD04F91.jpeg
F6D87BAE-4217-4794-A54A-3D3AC3A32530.jpeg

Oh yes!!!🤣🤣🤣

Have a great Thanksgiving brother!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky