Spicy Salmon w Cucumber Avocado Salad (Keto)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ringer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2019
Chickamauga, GA
Good Evening guys and gals. This isnt a smoked dish so I wasnt sure exactly where to put it. This seemed like a logical place.
My wife and I recently started keto again. This one was pretty decent so I figured id post it. It is kind of reminicent of a deconstructed spicy salmon roll if that makes any sense.
I subbed real garlic wherever it said to use powder and I used a bit of the golden lankato in the yum yum sauce since kewpie mayo is a keto no go. I also prefer sambal (fermented chili and garlic) over sriracha. I added a little ginger to the marinade and used fresh chopped cilantro and green onion because its an asian dish. I have no idea why the recipe didnt call for it. A little green onion wont knock anybody out of ketosis (ignore the honey and rice if doing keto). Anyway here are the pics. Thanks for looking!
Screenshot_20220607-182354_Messages.jpg

20220607_190030.jpg

20220607_192657.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome! Thank you for recipe, we’ll try it out. Great call going back to Keto! Good luck, hang in there!

Reactions: Ringer
Looks real good Ringer. Nice Job

Point for sure
Chris

Why is mayo keto no go? Is just oil mustard and egg isnt it? Or is it because is made with vegetable oil?
Mayo isn't a keto no go. The recipe calls for kewpie mayo. It is a Japanese mayo that is loaded with sugar so it's a keto no go. I used regular mayo with some golden lankato sweetner.

Reactions: jcam222
Looks real good Ringer. Nice Job

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks for the point Chris!
Man that looks good. My wife would love the salad
Thanks Jake, the salad part was pretty ok. Cucumbers give me indigestion for some reason...
Man that looks great! We eat a lot of salmon. Thanks for sharing!

Check out of some of jcam222 jcam222 recipes. Most of his are keto and you would never even be able to tell! Especially some of those desserts.
Thanks, I will have to check out some of his stuff. I'm about ready for dessert...lol

Nice stuff. We use Dukes Mayo as it has no added sugar. I’d eat thei all day long on cauliflower rice. Check out my post on keto dandelion honey. Game changer :) takes a little practice but can yield honey consistency or creamed honey. Sometimes will crystallize and you have to nuke it. Flavor is 100% indistinguishable from honey. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/dandelion-honey.298354/

Nice stuff. We use Dukes Mayo as it has no added sugar. I’d eat thei all day long on cauliflower rice. Check out my post on keto dandelion honey. Game changer :) takes a little practice but can yield honey consistency or creamed honey. Sometimes will crystallize and you have to nuke it. Flavor is 100% indistinguishable from honey. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/dandelion-honey.298354/
Thanks! We love dukes here too. That honey sounds amazing, reading the thread now!

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky