snake River farm pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
I never had snake River farm meat and wanted to try it so I purchased a few of their corned beef packs for St patty day. Soaked them for 24 hours changing water ever 4-6 hrs or so while in the fridge.
Made a rub and smoked them in little Jake until about 150 Ish. 3 hrs or so. I then placed them In a pan adding a cup or so of beef stock, covered with foil and continue cooking until 170-180. I removed them let cool and sliced the next day. Man the taste was good. I had to slice a couple pieces when off the smoker to try lol. Couldn’t wait. If I can do this you certainly can too. One thing I forgot to do prior to smoking was a fry test for salt content. I lucked out as it was perfect.
D4716EDD-4A3E-459F-BB0B-8A69461DCC4E.jpeg
4FCD01C2-976C-4903-91F7-2211F073CC83.jpeg
59592D5A-A6FA-491C-AE20-6DD1E9867D20.jpeg
1B97488E-1E61-4D8E-B7B3-702723BC6320.jpeg
535BDADD-A5BD-4C07-8743-F04AD3821A80.jpeg
E98AE2C5-5AD5-41A1-908A-8A2C7401E6AF.jpeg
4DC57AE0-04B2-46E0-9278-1BF331C1AA3D.jpeg

looks good did u cut it up before cookin?
I trimmed the fat off of the outside. And had a couple small chunks I cut off to make a more uniform roast. And of course samples lol. But smoked whole.

Reactions: JLeonard
I bet thats outta this world!
thanks. It was pretty good. My wife made sandwiches for the my brothers work crew as well as our sons squad members. They loved it. Only two of us at home so we give a lot away.

Reactions: Flatrate
I think over all I ended up getting 8 packs total. Have more to cook ROR

Looks fantastic FB and that's only a 1.00/pd more than they're charging here for crappy looking brisket flats in my neck of the woods. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks fantastic FB and that's only a 1.00/pd more than they're charging here for crappy looking brisket flats in my neck of the woods. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you.

Looks great. And yep that was my thought when I saw the small chunk off to the side..."cooks tester."
I bet it did make some great sammichs!!!

Jim

Reactions: flatbroke
Looks great. And yep that was my thought when I saw the small chunk off to the side..."cooks tester."
I bet it did make some great sammichs!!!

Jim
thanks sure nuff was.

Reactions: JLeonard
Great cook. Looks amazing. Question. I thought in general you take these to around 200 or probe tender. Why did you only take to 170-180?

Great cook. Looks amazing. Question. I thought in general you take these to around 200 or probe tender. Why did you only take to 170-180?
thanks. It slices nice. Preference I suppose

Oh ok. No worries. I’ve only tried it once and it was when I was newer to smoking and it didn’t turn out that well. I thought maybe I missed something. We have some in the fridge so I’m go8nf to try again Soon.

Wow, that looks great! Good to know the SRF Wagyu is worth it! And next time you are looking to give away left overs...
LOL, Thank you. I will add you to the list!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky