Smoked Tri Tip & Grilled Veg Plate!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
“The Plate”
0755676E-4D83-47A2-BB08-D4A07A891BA6.jpeg

Had a seasoned TT in the freezer that needed to be consumed so broke it out and put it on the RT 1250 @ 200 for 2 hours (it was still 27 deg in the middle when I put it on so it took a lot of smoking time....)
70DED1EB-55C4-4844-A0D1-6BC828719FDA.jpeg

While the TT was smoking I prepped some red wine beef Demi glaze (shallots, garlic, fresh rosemary, sage, & thyme, and pepper corns with 1/2 cup red wine, 16 oz beef stock, Tbsp each veg & beef base..... cooked in then strained thickened with starch and seasoned with S&P.
BE15E05D-62D1-44A6-BC37-FA198169AB89.jpeg

Once the TT hit an IT of 117 it went on the Webber to reverse sear while the prepped veg went on the right side (olive oil & seasoned onion slices, blanched then olive oil & seasoned Cauliflower steaks and roots)
CE0B7E4D-6C75-49E0-AC6D-19D82DF36476.jpeg

Turning the a few mins in.... about 4 ish...
4272F78B-6A77-4EB7-B2B2-24F1B056E3C7.jpeg

Man oh man this is a grilled dinner!
1B5E7A4C-DEC9-40B2-AC92-23C1C81F920E.jpeg

The new Webber has excellent flare up control. Way less than my old Webber with grill grates....
0DDFEDA2-6436-42BA-B217-252249DE3999.jpeg

The spread fresh off the grill & ready to plate.....
A3506C89-DEA2-416C-A009-23A791D72A8A.jpeg

The slicing....I got a little distracted and took it to IT 150 but still juicy and tender.....liking the smoke ring with the cold start and longer smoke....
26AB52E4-8633-4814-BF36-CB6C9C0EB117.jpeg

The whole plate got a drizzle of the Demi and topped with some chopped herbs.....
FD8A35B1-36B1-45EA-99A3-62739DA6DC1A.jpeg

This bite is pure TT money with zero change!
E820BD84-1CD7-48FA-BD57-DE3894DC79FA.jpeg

Beautiful execution! That tri trip was done right. I know it doesn't do anything for the flavor but I love to see a nice smoke ring like that. Awesome job.

That is a tasty meal for sure. We love TT just not at that temp. We pull around 135*, but it’s still a worthy cook and fantastic piece of meat. Nice work. Like.

Nice job on that TT Civil. I found one I bought last year while rummaging thru the freezer yesterday. Can't wait for my next day off without it raining out.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks amazing! I’d eat it.
Thanks 48!
Beautiful execution! That tri trip was done right. I know it doesn't do anything for the flavor but I love to see a nice smoke ring like that. Awesome job.
Thanks ringer! The RT adds a nice ring and it adds to the look for sure.
Beautiful! Great Q View and that plate is money!
Thanks Jed, I thought you like the grilled veg with you on a clean diet at the moment. We are going to eat lots of them this year!
Nice work! Looks awesome.
Many thanks stallion!

That is a tasty meal for sure. We love TT just not at that temp. We pull around 135*, but it’s still a worthy cook and fantastic piece of meat. Nice work. Like.
Thanks Edge! We line ours at IT 140 but this one went from 130 to 150 in a blink as I was renting to the sauce and veg, I was surprised how well I enjoyed the higher temp cook though. It was tasty!
OH MAN!!! Looks amazing! Great cook and the plate is a work of art!
Much appreciation sandy! I really wanted to push the grill prep and trying different combos. This was/is a good one!
Nice job on that TT Civil. I found one I bought last year while rummaging thru the freezer yesterday. Can't wait for my next day off without it raining out.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank Chris! I wanted to a summer style BBQ because we have snow and temps in the 20s forecast for the next couple of days.....

Ok I am smoking some chicken breasts today for the wife and grabbed one of my instant reads.....the same one my son used and well it’s way off can stick it in ice water 5 times and get a diff temp each time by up to 12 degrees off. I do the same test with my other ones and get the same temp every time.......that one is going in the round file!

Looks great Civil! big like, I love cauliflower steaks, put a balsamic glaze across the top after roasting.

Looks great Civil! big like, I love cauliflower steaks, put a balsamic glaze across the top after roasting.
Thanks cf! We do a lot of balsamic glazed stuff and usually with TT but wanted a rustic Demi flavor this time because we are going to use the left overs tossed with udon noodles for lunch!

Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky