Smoked Sirloin Tip Roast - Any pointers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like you have a winner., tri tip roast is a good one to do. Always tender with abundant flavor. Good Job !
Looks-Great.gif

Saw the newsletter then ran right to the freezer to thaw one out.  I used a simple S&P rub and smoked with hickory and oak.

Pulled at 135 as suggested and rested for half an hour.  After resting, I decided I wanted to make 100% of it into thin sliced sammie meat.  I made the au jus from ChefJimmy's recipe found on here...  I don't think I've ever had as good a roast beef sandwiches as I did for the next few days.

I didn't bother to share with the other folks in my house.  Didn't even tell anyone I cooked it and hid it in the fridge for about 4 days before I got caught by the boss... :)

Now I gotta cook another one for the Super Bowl.  Darn the luck. :)

Looks like you have a winner., tri tip roast is a good one to do. Always tender with abundant flavor. Good Job !
Looks-Great.gif
It just dawned on me that on the west coast Tri-tip has been staple for about 30 years. Living in Fresno (not my fault, went to college here and couldn't afford to move) for over 30 years...that's what we have most every weekend. Smoked version is great and I have two ready to hit the smoker for Super Bowl. Salad, sandwich's, Quesada's, munching...every one loves 'em!! Tomorrow is on hickory in the MES.

Hi Sean,

Your smoked sirloin tip looks great, but I'm especially impressed with your young sous chef. Glad to see you getting him trained up early!

I've got a small sirloin tip in my freezer that I was planning to turn into jerky. But now I think I'll follow your lead and smoke it for sandwiches!

Thanks, and have a great night!
Clarissa

Dude I am now jonesing for some sirloin tip roast.  Little of the au jus, some creamy horsey sauce and roasted asparagus on the side... That would be some fine dining! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky