Smoked Shotgun Shells

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KM0AGA

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 25, 2022
Iowa
I just tried this out for Superbowl Sunday. I smoked 2 boxes of manicotti pasta shells filled with 8 oz of cream cheese, 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, 1 lb. maple sausage, 1lb. 80 /20 ground beef, 2lbs. of thick cut bacon, Kingsford Sweet and Salty rub, and topped of with some Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ sauce.

I smoked at 300 degrees for about an hour with 2 oz of hickory. They were very smokey and the pasta was soft and not overly chewy. I could not taste the maple in sausage.

They were good. Next time I will use thin bacon and make it spicy.

shotgun shells.jpg

These have been resting for about an hour. My entire house smells like hickory and maple. They just need the rest in order to meld all the ingredients together. Maybe I judged them too soon.

Reactions: Buckeyedude
These have been resting for about an hour. My entire house smells like hickory and maple. They just need the rest in order to meld all the ingredients together. Maybe I judged them too soon.
And. Maybe not. Sometimes we are our own worst critics. Lord knows I'm guilty of this!

I'd say they look great too . Probably taste the same . Thanks for posting .
My entire house smells like hickory
Mine does at times . It's usually from the cloths I wore will cooking .

If you think the smoke is to strong , give it some time .

I've been wanting to try those but haven't made the effort yet. Those look great to me KM !

Keith

I'd say they look great too . Probably taste the same . Thanks for posting .

Mine does at times . It's usually from the cloths I wore will cooking .

If you think the smoke is to strong , give it some time .
I would like to bottle it and sell it.

Looks good to me! I've made them once and really liked them!

Ryan

Funny thing. I tried parboiling. It did not work out. I had to toss 28 shells. They went flat and split when I tried to stuff them. I only parboiled for 2 minutes.

The key is refrigeration. 4 hours minimum.

Those look very tasty! Id be down for a few! Nice cook!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky