SMOKED COLBY JACK JUICY LUCY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
I smoked a bunch of cheese a while back and its been resting in the fridge for a few weeks now. I figured it was time to get a block out and use it on something. I decided a nice big juicy Lucy would hit the spot. I didnt care what cheese went in the middle so i let the wife decide. Colby jack it is! We also had some tater tots in the air fryer with some sour cream and green onions. Here are a few pictures of the smoked colby jack juicy Lucy's

This is the colby jack. I flipped a peice over after slicing so you can see the color it took on from the smoke a few weeks back
20352.jpeg

I made 4 big pattys 1/4 pound each. And placed approximately 2oz chunks of the colby jack in between two of the patties. Then sealed up the edges and seasoned with salt and pepper
20351.jpeg
20347.jpeg

Cant forget to toast the buns!
20350.jpeg

Lit some pellets and place under the gas grill. Put the burgers in there for about an hour before lighting the grill to cook them.
20353.jpeg

Half way done and flipped to cook the other side. Looking good so far!
20340.jpeg

I like my burgers cooked medium so thats what i was shooting for. Once they came off the grill i built the burgers. I went with lettuce and mayo on the bottom and some charred grilled onions and yellow mustard on top. I would have added tomato but unfortunately i forgot to pick some up the last time i was at the store. Oh well they were still really good!
20336.jpeg

20335.jpeg

and here is a picture cut in half with allnthe smokey cheesy goodness!
20334.jpeg

They came out a perfect medium just like we like them. Cheese definitely had the smokiness i was looking for. Oh and the tots were good too! All in all i would say they turned out good. Nothing like a 1/2lb of beef stuffed with cheese to fill your belly! Thanks for taking a look!

that looks great, not sure you had any room for tomato, definitely going to have to try these soon.

that looks great, not sure you had any room for tomato, definitely going to have to try these soon.
Thanks! Well if i had tomato i would have stuffed it in there somehow! Lol!

I smoked a bunch of cheese a while back and its been resting in the fridge for a few weeks now. I figured it was time to get a block out and use it on something. I decided a nice big juicy Lucy would hit the spot. I didnt care what cheese went in the middle so i let the wife decide. Colby jack it is! We also had some tater tots in the air fryer with some sour cream and green onions. Here are a few pictures of the smoked colby jack juicy Lucy's

This is the colby jack. I flipped a peice over after slicing so you can see the color it took on from the smoke a few weeks backView attachment 412817

I made 4 big pattys 1/4 pound each. And placed approximately 2oz chunks of the colby jack in between two of the patties. Then sealed up the edges and seasoned with salt and pepper View attachment 412819View attachment 412820

Cant forget to toast the buns!View attachment 412826

Lit some pellets and place under the gas grill. Put the burgers in there for about an hour before lighting the grill to cook them. View attachment 412829

Half way done and flipped to cook the other side. Looking good so far!View attachment 412830

I like my burgers cooked medium so thats what i was shooting for. Once they came off the grill i built the burgers. I went with lettuce and mayo on the bottom and some charred grilled onions and yellow mustard on top. I would have added tomato but unfortunately i forgot to pick some up the last time i was at the store. Oh well they were still really good!View attachment 412834

View attachment 412835

and here is a picture cut in half with allnthe smokey cheesy goodness! View attachment 412836

They came out a perfect medium just like we like them. Cheese definitely had the smokiness i was looking for. Oh and the tots were good too! All in all i would say they turned out good. Nothing like a 1/2lb of beef stuffed with cheese to fill your belly! Thanks for taking a look!
Looks great. I have had the good fortune to have eaten several times at the original little burger joint in Minneapolis where it all started. Ever time I ate there it was packed to the rafters. Dang good burger in my view.

Looks great. I have had the good fortune to have eaten several times at the original little burger joint in Minneapolis where it all started. Ever time I ate there it was packed to the rafters. Dang good burger in my view.
Thanks! Id love to try one of the originals!

Those sure look good! I bet I could polish off a couple of those!
Thanks! These stuffed burgers would be a great option for you guys! Skip the bun and add a few things to the stuffing and knife and fork it!

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky