Smoked Cabbage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

msmith

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 22, 2006
Haltom City Tx
Well I couldn't find my original post so here goes. Use a medium sized head for tenderness. Core out the center but not all the way thru drop in 2 tbsp water or vinegar. Either use real bacon bits or chop up some bacon and drop in then salt and pepper and stuff full of stick butter the more the better. Rub the head with butter then salt and pepper lay bacon strips over the head in a criss cross pattern. I use a stainless steel bowl wrapped in foil and set the head in it leaving open and set on the smoker for 2 hrs to let the bacon brown. Then pull and pour a little melted butter on it and wrap in foil put back on the smoker and finish cooking. Depends on the temp and the smoker it usually takes about 5 hrs to cook. Have never used a thermometer just when the head feels soft and mushy its done. Then cut into pie shaped wedges and sprinkle grated cheese on it we like it a lot around here.
279389c6_vbattach12781.jpg

89daf8dd_vbattach12782.jpg

This has become a hit at my house! I fill the core with vinegar and mustard and then follow the above recipe to a "T"! Awsome!

Wait till the wife hears about this!

She loves cabbage and noodles and this is just going to make it even better.

Thanks for posting!!!

Thanks for that Marvin, started planting the garden tonite, had 2 cabbage plants for a little coleslaw, had to run out and get 6 more plants!!! Sounds yummy
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky