Smoke Generators

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Craig Ward

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 21, 2019
Hey Guys,

New here, first post. was wondering if anyone knows of a Canadian dealer of smokedaddy's? I find my GMG doesn't put out enough smoke for me. I've tried a pellet tube as well but still don't get that smokey punch I'm looking for.

Go with an A-Maze-N Smoke generator I have used both and the AMS work far better and is cheaper. Todd is the owner and a member here he offers great customer service.

Go with an A-Maze-N Smoke generator I have used both and the AMS work far better and is cheaper. Todd is the owner and a member here he offers great customer service.

If the tube didn't work for him, I doubt the tray would work any better and would be more difficult to keep lit in a pellet grill.

Craig, what type of pellets have you tried?

I have the tube and the maze, the tube works well, seems to put out alot of smoke but nowhere near as much as the videos of the Smokedaddy. The maze I've never been able to keep lit.

I usually use Traeger pellets, hickory/apple wood, can't get much else in my area.

Hey Guys,

New here, first post. was wondering if anyone knows of a Canadian dealer of smokedaddy's? I find my GMG doesn't put out enough smoke for me. I've tried a pellet tube as well but still don't get that smokey punch I'm looking for.
I have one and if you lived close enough would sell it to you. You would also have to pay freight.
It does put out the smoke and that is for sure. It uses from dust to pellets to to chips to chunks. I usually use a combo of chunks chips.
kit

If you end up trying a Smoke Daddy generator, be aware that the back pressure from some pellet grills requires you use the heavy duty pump. I know that GMG needs these.

I have the tube and the maze, the tube works well, seems to put out alot of smoke but nowhere near as much as the videos of the Smokedaddy. The maze I've never been able to keep lit.

I usually use Traeger pellets, hickory/apple wood, can't get much else in my area.

That's right, Smoke Daddy puts out a lot of Smoke---Way too much smoke actually.
I had a Big Kahuna SD about 9 years ago. Great Creosote producer!!
Then they changed it & said it was much better, so we changed ours too---No Better.
Worst waste of $100 I ever did. Spent most of my time jamming a screwdriver in it to get it going again, and trying to clean the caked on Creosote it created all the time.

Then I got an AMNS when Todd invented them & an AMNPS when he upgraded his inventions.
Been Smoking Happily ever after.

The Tube puts out too much smoke for my MES, but the Tray (AMNPS) is perfect.

You do know there is such a thing as Too much smoke, right?
AKA--- Smoke Daddy Smoke.

Bear

My plan with the smoke daddy was to run it for the first couple hours on my brisket smokes and maybe 30 to 45 min on my other smokes

My plan with the smoke daddy was to run it for the first couple hours on my brisket smokes and maybe 30 to 45 min on my other smokes

I don't know how much you know about smoking, so don't get mad if you already know this, but----

It sounds like you're thinking since it puts out heavy smoke, you will just use it for a short time.

The facts are:
A whole lot of hours of light smoke is a good thing.
However even a short time of Heavy (Dense) smoke can be a Bad thing.

Hope this helps,

Bear

Some of the best brisket I've ever smoked came off of a old charcoal grill I had, this was before I knew anything about TBS. I smoked the hell out of it with Applewood and hickory chips, the whole neighborhood knew I was smoking. I find the pellet smokers don't compare, I'm just trying to find a way to get that smokey punch back into my food. I thought the grill daddy was a solid option but maybe not. I might just try a couple AMNPS

That's right, Smoke Daddy puts out a lot of Smoke---Way too much smoke actually.
I had a Big Kahuna SD about 9 years ago. Great Creosote producer!!

Too much smoke for an electric smoker, but probably not too much for a pellet grill. Pellet grills have fans that push smoke through the chamber very fast - that's one of the reasons that they don't produce a lot of smoke flavor. I had a Camp Chef pellet grill that produce plumes of thick white smoke. Looking at it you'd think any food inside was ruined. Yet the food had a light smoke flavor with no bitterness, and no creosote deposits in the chamber. TBS is not important with pellet grills and my guess is that a Smoke Daddy will not produce too much smoke in the GMG.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky