Sirloin Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
After fighting a Crohns flare for about a month now and losing 26 lbs I was craving red meat. Figured my iron is low. So went shopping in the deep freeze.
Came across this 32oz sirloin roast tx smoker tx smoker sent me. Man this is some good stuff.
1AEB1192-D4D5-4577-B8EA-7807CD3346AD.jpeg
Used rooster sauce as a binder and dusted it up with Jeff’s original rub. Wrapped in reynolds wrap right and into the fridge to rest for a while.
On to the Weber Kettle with some mesquite chips mixed in with the KBB and a couple chunks of maple.
37BE2EB7-AA3A-48E8-819A-73C4998E075C.jpeg
Let it ride at 300 degrees to an IT of 140 degrees. This got the end slices to a more medium well and left the center more medium.
A6F94107-90AD-4816-82F4-6D3C91A46D57.jpeg
And the slice down the middle…
FCAFF345-4948-460C-A2CF-6AD74892A239.jpeg
Darn perfect to me. Didn’t get any more sliced or plated pics as the family was ready to slice me to eat.
This meat is some of the best I’ve ever had. I know I say that all the time but can’t thank Robert enough for his generous gifts!
Jim

Wow, not to distract from your evening meal (which is perfection, by the way)... I bet a shaved beef sandwich for a midnight snack is in your future.
Just enough left over for a good sammich…and I got some horseradish sauce that is gonna have to go on it!

Top notch Jim, looks very tasty! Hope your feeling better!

Where has your daughter been? She needs to post some more cooks… her first post was awesome! Let her know the worse thing we do is help spend each other’s money! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Fantastic looking Jim, Perfectly done.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Top notch Jim, looks very tasty! Hope your feeling better!

Where has your daughter been? She needs to post some more cooks… her first post was awesome! Let her know the worse thing we do is help spend each other’s money! 😉
She coachs a softball team and they have been playing a lot of games and tournaments. Not getting home til 10pm or later most nights. Been eating a lot of take out and quick sammichs.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky