Seasoning a used offset smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beer and bbq

Original poster
Feb 28, 2022
Bought my first offset smoker. Was used a couple of times. I cleaned it out and noticed the paint on the bottom of firebox is coming off and a little rust. Can I spray the entire inside of smoker and firebox, along with outside of firebox and season it? I do not know if previous owner did this

Reactions: JLeonard
Yes you can spray the whole outside & inside with Pam. Then fire it up & run it around 300 degrees for a couple of hours with heavy smoke. After the smoke cleans up you could put some meat in there, & I think you will be all set!
Al
I think I will try that too on the one I got from my wife's uncle. It has rust on the bottom which I need to scrub off but I think I will do that too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky