Scallops revisited.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

I have posted a few som tams here ,some with green mango some with paw paw. I like mine with ruby grapefruit or pomelo chopped up & mixed in.Some people have to have snake beans others cherry tomatoes. I think its just personal taste,I like that citrus tang & some chilli.

Its a very fresh ,light tropical sort of dish. Smoked or grilled fish are a great topping & char grilled kangaroo was a show stopper.

Frank BE is on the ground in Thailand & posted a link to this truly wild salty crab som tam which I am trying to find.
I will check out some of your postings and get some ideas Thanks.

Fish and Seafood are not good choices for me I am too far from the coast. the last fresh seafood I saw was in the trunk of a 57 chevy that had been iced down when he left the coast.I had to pass.hahahahahaa

Dan 

Last 57 Chevy I saw was in Havana back in 98! Bit of an eye opener to see stuff I took for granted in Australia so highly prizes,air conditioning, reliable electricity supply, ATMs, refrigerated transport just to name a few.

Just got back to this & have to say that's a very nice creative dish - it was worth the wait!  I like the pairing of the paw paw & radish.  Well played man 
2thumbs.gif

Spanish version apple & radish is nice to. 

Just got back to this & have to say that's a very nice creative dish - it was worth the wait!  I like the pairing of the paw paw & radish.  Well played man 
2thumbs.gif
Spanish version was apple & radish. I don't know if Thai's eat blood sausage but they eat some wild stuff including all sorts of dried & fermented fish
icon_eek.gif

It was really nice with the lime juice based dressing. 

Glad you liked it. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky