Sauerkraut

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
speaking of d-boning a butt.......was that you Rich, that mention taking pics of how its done.......would like to try that, to turn a boston into bacon..........

d88de

Yeaah... next one I do I'll see if I can't setup a cam and do a vid. But honestly, it's not that hard. Use a 8" thin backed boning knife and follow the curves in the bone. The toughest part is around the shoulder socket. And that's not too tough either.

d88de replys in his best bent nose mafia voice..........

"SEZ YU"

eek.gif

d88de

Phew! Smells to be just about done! I'm assuming that since not ALL the shreds I can see have attained a "translucent" look, a little more time remains?

Has a nice kraut smell, tart and with the hint of horseradish. I think I got a winner, but a little more time will tell, I'm guessing!

A couple more days oughta do it!...Remember...Don't forget the K-view!!...
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

I think you're right!...You DO have a winner there!...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Gonna can it, or freeze it, or what?...

Hiya Rich!!...

Canning is always good...but, so is freezing!...Either way will change the texture a bit...

Just a thought (brain-phart)...I wonder about vac packing for freezing and including some smoked sausage, etc. so it can come outta the freezer and straight into the pan??...Yes?...No?...

Try quartering some apples to add to it when placing in the pan...Delicious that way!...

Ahhh!...Sauerkraut!...Great stuff for the nerves and blood pressure!!...

WHY, you ask?...It'll keep folks from gettin 'up in yer face'!...That's why!...
icon_mrgreen.gif

Throw in the beans, and you can REALLY live in peace!!...lol...
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
icon_redface.gif

Well, I could not wait any longer. I scooped out a cup and cooked it with some polish style sausage I left fresh and some bacon ends. Simmered in beer/water.

Altho the "aroma" was QUITE kraut-like, it's not done yet. Still had a "cabbagey" flavor. Not bad...actually I enjoyed it. But still is not done, I guess.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky