rump roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 21, 2006
Waco, TX
i bought a beef rump roast today, 409lbs. this will be my first smoked roast. i have done a couple of briskets, and wanted someting a little different. i will be using a rb and a mop, basically smoke it like a brisket.
i also bought a whole chicken today i want to smoke tomorrow. it is a "freah young chicken"- 4.54lbs. if i read it right, it should be done in 3-4 hours @ 225°, right? i also readi it has been changed to pull it when internal temp hits 160°, right? i plan on brining it tonight.
also on the agenda is 1lb jalapenos for ABT's, a JD sage fatty, a JD hot fatty, and dutch's wicked baked beans.
any advice on the roast or chicken?

i will be smoking it at the same time. i will be using mesquite wood splits.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky