Raspberry chipotle pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

culpepersmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 16, 2010
Split between Michigan and Texas
While in Texas I picked up a bottle of Head Country Raspberry chipotle sauce. My plan was to pick up a Pork tenderloin and wrap it in bacon with this sauce. In my hast at Wally World I picked up a small pork lion instead. I coated it with sauce and a dusting of rub then wrapped it in bacon.
Onto the gas grill with some hickory chips. Coating it in sauce while it cooked. Pulled it about 140 and let it rest. I probably should have pulled it at 135 as it rose to 150ish.
Served it up with some fried tators and mixed veggies. Really interesting sauce and it does well on pork. I will certainly do this again.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_3789.jpeg
    IMG_3789.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3791.jpeg
    IMG_3791.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3792.jpeg
    IMG_3792.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3793.jpeg
    IMG_3793.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3794.jpeg
    IMG_3794.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 20
Definitely looks tasty! I agree with Adam... nice job!

Ryan

Looks good from here. Raspberry chipotle along with other sweet & pepper combo sauces are the current rage, and some are really, really good. I've tried the Blues Hog version, and similar glazes from Texas Hot Pepper Jelly company and Kosmos. They are a far cry from mixing grocery store apple jelly and Tabasco in a rib wrap. :emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky