Quick Thursday Night Surf & Turf w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Got home from work yesterday and looked through the freezer for something quick to cook. Ran across a few scallops and a couple fairly thin T-bones I had gotten on sale awhile back.

Started by getting the scallops ready. Simple lemon juice, garlic powder, and fresh CBP.

ST1.jpg

Steaks seasoned with low sodium dales and SPG. This one is for sawhorseray sawhorseray and gmc2003 gmc2003 . Rolling rock going down and a PBR in the waiting for when I hit the back porch for grilling.
ST2.jpg

Got the grill up to about 600 and tossed the steaks on. Getting close. Sorry for the blurry pic.
ST3.jpg

Steaks off and resting.
ST4.jpg

Scallops getting pan seared in the cast iron on the grill. Little bit of kerrygold butter in the pan.
ST5.jpg

After the flip.
ST6.jpg

Doing some baby spinach a la Robert tx smoker tx smoker
ST7.jpg

Scallops plated.
ST8.jpg

Made two plates the wife and I shared. Both plated with some steamed broccoli with shaved asiago cheese on top.
ST9.jpg

ST10.jpg

Quick and tasty dinner for stuff I had in the freezer and some spinach in the fridge. Thanks for looking!

John

So you only made two plates....that's one for me and one for me. What are you and your wife going to eat? :emoji_laughing:

Seriously John, that's some really good looking food. Steaks are perfectly cooked and those scallops with the yummy sides are just to die for!! Great looking plates, that's for damned sure. I know I've posted a couple of quick mid-week meals but nothing like this!! Big LIKE my friend for a job very well done.

Wow....just wow, that's all I have to say,
Robert

That's an awesome looking surf and turf! We're gonna have to build a bigger park since so many of ya are knocking it out of the park! Lol

Like!
Ryan

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
We're gonna have to build a bigger park since so many of ya are knocking it out of the park! Lol

NOOOO!! Make the park smaller to give other folks a chance to hit those home runs :emoji_wink: The more of them we see, the more inspiration for the rest of us.

Just my .02 and probably gonna get some change back,
Robert

John that looks absolutely phenomenal!! I don't think it gets any better than that for a quick weeknight meal. Those scallops got me drooling hard and jonesing them.

I guess we'll blame the blurry pictures on the beer!

Like!!

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Very nice looking meal. Scallops look delicious!
Now that's a great meal John. very nice.
Looking good! I'm always in favor of scallops, nice combo with steaks.
Beautiful plate of vittles. Nice job!!

Thank you all very much for the likes and comments! I couldn't believe how tender these scallops were. Def my best yet. Wish I had some more for dinner tonight!

So you only made two plates....that's one for me and one for me. What are you and your wife going to eat? :emoji_laughing:

Seriously John, that's some really good looking food. Steaks are perfectly cooked and those scallops with the yummy sides are just to die for!! Great looking plates, that's for damned sure. I know I've posted a couple of quick mid-week meals but nothing like this!! Big LIKE my friend for a job very well done.

Wow....just wow, that's all I have to say,
Robert

Oh come on now Robert your mid-week meals look like they came out of a 5 star steakhouse! Appreciate the like and kind words my friend!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky