question on vinegar w/ chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 21, 2006
Waco, TX
i am smoking a whole chicken tomorrow, along with the "pork for bbq" i bought, some ABT's, and some sausage links. can you use vinegar on chicken, in the mop? i would like to use the same mop (i will be spraying it on) for the pork and the chicken.

You sure can, won't bother me at all.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

I don't know what it would do, I've never done that. Heck you never know, it might be the next "WOW" in bbq.

I guess I wouldn't over do it, but I don't see it hurting anything. I'm assuming the skin will be on the bird? If so, I think it will just keep the skin moist and not affect the meat hardly at all.

The only thing I can think of is that it will be harder to crisp the skin. Would be better to use something to help dry it out towards the end. But I honestly have no "q-sense" to tell you what would happen.

go for it, you may be on to something.

Good luck

yep, the skin is on. i pulled out the giblets, rinsed off with water, and have it brining right now. i am about to rub the pork, and wrap in plastic wrap overnight. in the am, i will fix up the ABT's, and fire up the smoker.

You are mixing the vinegar with oil right? If so yeah go for it.

Might sound weird but add a teaspoon of peanutbutter to that oil and vinegar and a pinch of brown sugar -- yummmmmmmmm!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky