Question about holding ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dantij

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 21, 2018
Frankfort, IL
Guys and gals,

I'm going to do some ribs this weekend . I'm curious. After my ribs are done cooking, can I hold them at 150°-160° for several hours like you would hold a brisket? I've held my briskets for 8+ hours at 160° and it comes out perfect every time. What will that long hold time do to a rack of ribs? I'm afraid they'll just fall apart because they don't have the mass like a brisket does. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Not sure that’s gonna work out. They might be pretty mushy. But I’ve never tried it either

Guys and gals,

I'm going to do some ribs this weekend . I'm curious. After my ribs are done cooking, can I hold them at 150°-160° for several hours like you would hold a brisket? I've held my briskets for 8+ hours at 160° and it comes out perfect every time. What will that long hold time do to a rack of ribs? I'm afraid they'll just fall apart because they don't have the mass like a brisket does. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
They will get mushy. I made the mistake of letting mine sit in foil. Pull pork at that point

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky