Pulled pork Parmesan tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

idahopz

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2015
Rural Northern Idaho
This cook is nothing special and has probably already been done countless times , but I thought I'd post because it is kind of different for me. I did this cook back in 2013, but just came upon it while looking through my old pics library.

I did a pork butt in the SRG which is my favorite tool for PP and wanted to try something a bit out of the box (for me).

On a hot griddle, I piled heaps of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and let it it heat until the bottom looked toasted when lifted, then piled pulled pork on half the disc of cheese and folded the package into what looked like a taco (while the cheese is hot it is perfectly malleable). As the taco slightly cooled to the point where it was crispy, I gave one to my wife. She said it had plenty of salty cheese flavor and went well with the tender pork. Music to my ears was when she said it was a new favorite for her (that is all that matters for a guy that likes to keep on doing outdoor cooking). I tried it and had to agree: the pork was smoky, tender, juicy, and a perfect complement to the crispy shell. I did not use any sauce or any additional seasoning because it was not needed.

tacos.jpg

Ive done the "tortillas" this way before but never filled them before folding. Allways hung them on a rack to cool first.. I'll have to try it this way... Now that the though is in my head I wonder how it would be with fresh cojita cheese.??
Yours look tasty!

Reactions: bigfurmn
Thanks for the likes gents!

Ive done the "tortillas" this way before but never filled them before folding. Allways hung them on a rack to cool first.. I'll have to try it this way... Now that the though is in my head I wonder how it would be with fresh cojita cheese.??
Yours look tasty!

Cojita would be great in my opinion, but that mild white goes with just about anything I like. Because I just wanted the meat and cheese adding the pork on half and folding over seemed the easiest (and laziest) way to go because I didn't even need to mess up a rack. However, if planning to fill with more messy things I'd also cool on a rack to ensure I had enough space to put additional fillings. Those babies cool (and harden) fairly fast once off the heat.

Reactions: Sowsage
putting that in the "things to make" folder for sure!!

Looks special to me . Fantastic . I do Parm rounds for soups and salads . Never thought about a taco . That looks great . I'll be trying that .

These are A++ for me. I do cheese shells often both folded like this and also rolled for enchilada. It’s a keto / low carb go to. I’d sure devour a couple of yours.

Thanks guys!

I hadn't thought about the keto diet - my wife recently had to go on one because of gut issues, so she'll be able to eat these. Besides, she loves Parmesan so much I purchae it in 3 lb blocks from Cash & Carry (they have a new name now, but I never remember it)
😁

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky