Post Smoke Shelf Life

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeremywatco

Original poster
Jan 7, 2022
Good Morning!

I took my fresh pork belly slabs and dry cured them for 12-days. Pulled them out, washed them good, let them dry for 24-hours in the fridge. Smoked them to 150 degree's with apple wood. Sliced the first slab with a chef's knife.. fried some bacon up.. mmmm was soo good.

Looking at the rest of the slabs (8 of them) I was thinking of taking to my work on Tuesday where we have a commercial meat slicers to get consistently thin bacon. Then freeze pack and into the freezer for storage.

My question is if I stopped the cure on Thursday, Smoked on Friday will the slabs still be in a fine enough state on Tuesday to slice store? Right now they are in ziplocks with air pushed out best I can in fridge.

Yep, a day or 3 rest before slicing will allow the flavors to level out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky