Pork Roll, with Egg & Cheese (Ninja)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm in Ga. Publix here carries the thin sliced Pork Roll, Taylor Brand. I order online the NJ Taylor Ham Company. https://jerseyporkroll.com/shop/
A little pricey, but they have everything.

In a perfect world, the pre-sliced are our last pick. They tend to dry out a bit when cooking.
Second best is the 1 LB Roll, but it is a PITA, because it's about half the diameter of a burger bun.
Our first pick is the hardest to find--The 3 LB Roll, which has a nice diameter for a Burger Bun.

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with that remedy.

Bear
In all seriousness, though, I may step up to maybe a 4 inch casing when I make it in the future. I still have more 3 inch fibrous casings to use up before I do, though. Better yet, do you happen to have the diameter of the 3 pound rolls?

In all seriousness, though, I may step up to maybe a 4 inch casing when I make it in the future. I still have more 3 inch fibrous casings to use up before I do, though. Better yet, do you happen to have the diameter of the 3 pound rolls?

Not sure, but I would guess at between 3 1/2" to 4" in Diameter.

Bear

Reactions: DougE
I've had the 1 lb rolls, and they were too small as John mentioned. I've seen the 3lb rolls at the Jersey Pork Roll store I sent the link earlier in this thread. I'm not a good knife man, so I'm happy with the thick presliced. Just wish I could get the Case brand extra tangy thick. They only have it in thin.

It looks like their 9 pounds sliced thin is 144 slices, and their thick sliced is 96 slices.
So thick sliced are 1.5 times thicker than thin sliced.

However when we get Thin sliced, we just put two slices in each Sammy. That way we get more meat, and more Surface flavor than one bigger slice.

Bear
i actually have the Taylor thick and layer Taylor/American/Egg/Taylor /American on a Kaiser

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky