• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gnlsr

Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Central FLA
as a newbie I see points...what are they for (I can guess) but want correct assumption... how are they earned and can I get an aw crap and get de-pointed!!!

Look right below every post to the right and you will see a "Thumbs Up" icon. Anyone can click on that and it will give you a point, also they can write a comment about why they gave you a point. You can not have points taken away. Most of us don't put much stock in these points because they really aren't a good indication of anything. I have a lot of points but most of them are from people who I said Hi to in Roll Call, why they give me points for saying Hi I don't know!

Also, I've given points to "bookmark" recipes and helpful information I've run across. Because under your profile page you can look up who you've given points to, very handy IMO.

Also, I've given points to "bookmark" recipes and helpful information I've run across. Because under your profile page you can look up who you've given points to, very handy IMO.
You can also "Subscribe" to threads and they will all be listed in your "Subscriptions".

There was a slightly different "point" system before the Great Crash of (whatever year).  I had 3 which made me feel good about contributing to this forum.  Then I read that some of posts from some of the old timers, basically one who was verbose, that were here.  They accused the newer people of cheating/hacking the point system, since they had been here forever and accumulated not many points.

Politics and BBQ ... guess they don't mix either.

gots me politics locked in the closet...time n place for it ... and messin with my cookin aint it!!!...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky