PitBoss 700FB

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 8, 2009
Newalla,Oklahoma
My PB does not have the "chimney" coming off of the side, it has the place for it. Instead of the chimney it has a series of six holes about an inch and a half in diameter on the back side.
I bought a chimney for it but not sure what to use to plug the holes on the back side.

Whats your thoughts??

Thanks in advance!

You could just buy magnets to cover the holes. That's the most non-destructive idea that came to my mind.

I've always just drilled through the cheaper smokers and covered with a metal plate, but you may not want to go all "poker tool" on your unit just yet!

What about using fender washers, one on inside and one on outside with a bolt through them ( do all 6 individually). That way it's not permanent and can be changed. Not sure of temps you run, but washers most likely be galvanized coated. Or make your own out of steel plate if you have the tools and some hi temp paint.

Ryan

Reactions: ravenclan
What about using fender washers, one on inside and one on outside with a bolt through them ( do all 6 individually). That way it's not permanent and can be changed. Not sure of temps you run, but washers most likely be galvanized coated. Or make your own out of steel plate if you have the tools and some hi temp paint.

Ryan
I seen stainless steel fender washers and thats a great idea!!

Thanks!!

Yep tinfoil you may find out it don't run good with a chimney , its fan forced and you may end up with more or different hot spots, If you have a therm with a few probes on it I would log before and after mod temps.

Yep tinfoil you may find out it don't run good with a chimney , its fan forced and you may end up with more or different hot spots, If you have a therm with a few probes on it I would log before and after mod temps.

I got one of the first 700 series. My buddy has one a little older and his came with the chimney but also has the "pre-cut" punch out holes in the back. His with the chimney smokes a lot better then mine and holds better heat. One of the main reasons I ordered a chimney.

The top of the chimney, Cover is adjustable up or down to allow more or less air so the set up will take a little bit to get it right.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky