Pickled Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teacup13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2007
Sault Ste Marie,ON
well i decided to try pickling some since i have been hearing about it for awhile.. i took some cheap store bought smoked sausage to try b4 i decided to venture with a really good kind

one pound smoked sausage
2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 small onions chopped
4 cloves garlic chopped
1 tsp hot pepper flakes

cup up the sausage into about 2 inch pieces and stuffed into jar
boiled all the ingredients and then added to the mason jar

will let you now how it tastes in about 4 days

sounds good
i would put a 1/4 tea of allspice---
1 tea of cumin
along with your ingrediants
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

opened the jar today... took some of the fat off of it... ate a chunk of garlic...mmmm

ate a piece of sausage....hmmmmmm
had to eat another one just to see what i thought again

heck these taste better than they did b4.... improved the taste of some cheap sausage...

next time...better sausage and more heat

overall... very good experiment but my missus said i have to eat them when she is at work..lol

Teacup:Sounds good, here's how I used to make mine. I used to take the juice from a gallon jar of dill pickles, cut up some sausages,heat them up and drop them into the pickle juice. Then to top the jar off I would take some pickled japs. and hot pickled california blend veggies, or anything that was hot and pickled, put in fridge for a couple weeks to pickle.Then get an adult beverage and some pickled sausage and sit back and enjoy. Sometimes they were pretty hot depending on what you put in them. Quit good around a campfire with friends. Hard boiled eggs dropped in are good also. Steve

yah i have been making them with my grandma since i could peel and egg..lol

btw i have already downloaded all of your pdf's... someday i will finish reading all of them..
icon_razz.gif

Shortone --- they all sound like good ideas

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky