One of my best briskets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingwxman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 30, 2016
Fired up the smoker this past Saturday as I was cooking some pulled pork to have on a camping trip this upcoming Memorial weekend. Local grocery store had brisket on sale the week prior figured might as well.

Seasoned with a local meat lockers product known as Oxford Steak Salt then wrapped overnight. Using apple wood and hickory, I usually use hickory and cherry with beef but apple was the choice this time, and smoked at around 240 or so on the old stick burner. Brisket was only about 5.5 pounds so was on at 7:30 and at around noon I wrapped in foil and some worcestershire sauce with IT around 165. By 1 it was close to 200 IT and by 1:30 it was probing nice and tender.

Wrapped it in a towel and placed it in the cooler for about 2.5 hours. It was absolutely fantastic, one of my best. I'm easily my toughest critic when it comes to food in my household but I was incredibly pleased. It was tender, it was moist, it had a great flavor. My past few haven't been nearly as good but this gives me confidence to keep on going with brisket, especially since it is my absolute favorite to eat. Can't wait for the next one!

Attachments

• brisket 1.jpg
    brisket 1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 78
  • brisket 2.jpg
    brisket 2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 76
  • brisket 3.jpg
    brisket 3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 79
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky