On the smoker before it's dark

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gadgetman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 19, 2024
A frozen T-bone and Sirloin. It's how I roll with steak these days. Handy coming home from work.
20240129_174639.jpg

Going to be delicious for sure. Post up the plate, please
Working on it. I'm sure I'm gonna get ripped for this. But, I've gotten 40k likes for this on FB. You will be the 1st I've spilled the beans on. Might be tomorrow.

Reactions: JLeonard
I'm sorry it's getting late. I'll find time tomorrow to post more. I work a lot of hrs. I don't want to seem like a "know-it-all". Far from it. I'll show this group what it's taken me a long time to do. Right or wrong I'm sticking
my neck out. I'm just not going to try to explain this to a bunch of FB trolls that know better.
BTW, just left over mash potatoes and blackened brussel sprouts leftovers for sides. I'm not proud.
Screenshot_20240129_211553_Gallery.jpg

Have to apologize. Normally I'm knocking back a couple beers while I smoke my steaks. Last night I was out of beer,and broke out the scotch. Wife says my scotch talks too much.
I'll just post a few pictures of the process. I like my steak wall to wall medium rare. Also like seasoning,and a nice crust.

20240129_185927.jpg

20240129_190117.jpg

Screenshot_20240130_072650_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240130_074252_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20240130_073045_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240130_072732_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20240129_211553_Gallery.jpg

Shoot looks like a great plate to me. And aint not shame in eating left overs. I'd not turn it down!

Jim

Never tried going direct from frozen but looking at these results it on my to do list. Great looking steak!

Gman, that steak looks fantastic. I would have no problem getting around that plate of food.
I've tried grilling frozen steaks before per Omaha Steak Co. instructions. If I remember correctly, the results were OK but not good enough to make me change my ways. I would love to hear more about your process.

Gman, that steak looks fantastic. I would have no problem getting around that plate of food.
I've tried grilling frozen steaks before per Omaha Steak Co. instructions. If I remember correctly, the results were OK but not good enough to make me change my ways. I would love to hear more about your process.
Have you tried smoking a frozen steak? Been doing them this way for the last 3yrs. I think they're juicier. IMO for what it's worth is the steak seals off before it completely thaws out. Holding more moisture.

Reactions: Colin1230
Never tried going direct from frozen but looking at these results it on my to do list. Great looking steak!
Direct from frozen seems fatal, but I did with a small pork roast due to bad planning after I read Al’s right up on doing ribs this way. SMF just sent an email recipe out about the rib process.

Reactions: schlotz
I've probably done over 300 steaks this way,from 1"-2" thick. Do ribs and 1/2 lb burgers as well.

So do you put them on a griddle or cast iron for the final sear? Nice work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky