New to electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gary1

Original poster
Feb 11, 2019
I just received my TSM Country smoker and I am planning to hang some beef sticks this week. I have a couple questions and would appreciate some advice. The smoker is 1000 watt and the heating element is tucked under the smoke diffuser. How close to the smoke diffuser can I hang the sticks without over heating the sticks? Next question; I am new to online forums. Is there an explanation of how to use this forum available to new members? Thanks, Gary1

Well hopefully some one with experience with this specific model comes along..

But from how I've used my Masterbuilt, you can use every rack position with out problems, once the smoker gets up to temp, they tend to heat minimally.

I also have a mes 30 so as tom said i'm not familiar with your unit, but when I'm smoking with mine I rotate my meats a couple of times throughout the smoke for more even cooking because my smoker seems to have some hotter spots, i'm sure some people do this and some don't, just my preference. as for using the site the search bar is a great help, this site is very easy to get around just spend a little time clicking on different things.

Keep in mind, with electric smokers, the element will cycle on and off when the thermocouple signals to the controller for heat or not.
I doubt the element will rarely be pulling the full 1000 watts during a smoke.

You could try placing a probe close the heat diffuser to see what the temp is and then adjust distance accordingly.

Thanks for the response. Some good information. I am really impressed with this group of smoking enthusiasts, although I have never participated in a forum before, this seems to be a fantastic resource. Thanks.

Thanks for the response. Some good information. I am really impressed with this group of smoking enthusiasts, although I have never participated in a forum before, this seems to be a fantastic resource. Thanks.

You're welcome.
That 's is what is so great about SMF....a bunch of good folks here sharing advice, ideas, etc.
Welcome aboard.

P.S. Your smoker looks pretty cool.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky