New Pellet Smoker/Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

snakedoc66

Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
Ok guy I need a little help! I have a Oklahoma Joe's offset stick smoker, a Cook Shack electric smoker, and a Ducane gas grill. I'm considering getting a pellet smoker/grill and was looking at a new CookShack , Can anyone help ?

Hello , I've had a FEC-100 since 2008 and I really like it , never tried the pellet grill . Their customer service is amazing and quick . If you had any questions about the FEC I will try to answer if I can . 
smile.gif

This is a second vote for the Cookshack.  Really, a lot of grills are capable of producing fine flavors, but the Cookshack really operates well and stands up to time.  Those crappy grills, they do good for a while, but then they rust out.

The peg 500 and fe1000 are excellent pellet grills for all around cooking. They have several "zones" that will direct grill at high heat, cook at oven temps or bbq at low smoking temps. If you want a unit that does it all they may be the one. The Memphis units are very good at everything, also, and the Pro and Elite are super units. I never cooked on their Advantage so I can't speak for those. For mainly bbq quite a few units fit the bill, Green Mountain, Rec-Tec, Blazin, etc. They cook at higher heats to do burgers or steaks, it just takes a bit longer to get them done. One thing to remember, as the heat goes up, the smoke goes down. Pellets aren't for everyones taste, so I 'd suggest trying some food off on or two before deciding.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky