New here!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nana

Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
My Husband made a smoker from a grill and we had a cast iron wood heater so he added it to the end for the wood box.

We want to do a boston butt!!!! how do we smoke it do you put it in foil are not .add rub and inject it??? sorry lots of ? just want it to turn out good and how long to cook it about 7 pds.

Last edited:
My Husband made a smoker from a grill and we had a cast iron wood heater so he added it to the end for the wood box.

We want to do a boston butt!!!! how do we smoke it do you put it in foil are not .add rub and inject it??? sorry lots of ? just want it to turn out good and how long to cook it about 7 pds.
Well, If ya would go on over to roll call and introduce yourselves, there's a lot of good people here, we will help out as much as possible.

The topic is Boston Butt, you can do all of what you mentioned, just depends which one you guy's want to do. Don't worry you'll get plenty of suggestions and comments.

I do not foil, I have my own rub, I do not spritz, the only way I go is Slow and Low.

Hope this helps

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF!! Lots of good folks and information here...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Boston butt was put on about 6:00 am desided to put a chicken up the butt on about 10:30  hope all does great being he made the smoker out of the cast iron heater it is only fair to have the coffee pot going to :}

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky