New build, motor question.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thepickledoldma

Original poster
May 26, 2017
New to the forums here, love all the great feed i'm reading on all the posts. Have a question of my own. I do alot of community cooks and charity events. Moving into a new house and have been aloted roughly a 20' section of the new deck to do a built in smoker. I want to do a 4-5 rack rotisserie, I"m thinking will hold a 150lbs or so. Curious of a solid motor and or pully set up anyone has used I could implement. I'll be using brick sidebox set up, simply want to pack in as much as possible.

You will need at least 400 cubic inches and maybe a turbo or blower set up to spin the rotisserie and  look really cool.

Use a blower belt to adapt it.

Any other questions?? :)

sounds about right, i was thinking a 3/4hp motor with a pully system would do the trick. I've got about a month to finalize planning so i'll be milling over many ideas I"m sure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky