My take on chicken French.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
This is my version of chicken french. It is kinda like the real thing! I always make a double batch because it reheats well.
4 boneless, skinless chick breasts. Slice in half so that you have two breasts. Then pound flat until they are about 1/4" thick.
Dip in a milk and egg wash. Then coat with flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper.

P4270805.jpg

Fry in 375 degree oil until done.

P4270806.jpg

Keep warm until ready to plate.

Take 1/4 stick unsalted butter. And melt in frying pan. Add 2 tsp minced garlic. Saute for a couple minutes.
Then add 3 small cans whole mushrooms drained. And 2 tbs olive oil. Continue to saute a few minutes.
Add 1.5 cups chicken stock, 1/2 cup wine, and 1/4 cup lemon juice.

P4270808.jpg

Add pepper and 2 tbs parsley. Bring to a simmer. And let it reduce slightly. Then mix 1 tbs corn starch in 1/4 cup wine in a bowl. Then stir into sauce. And bring it to a boil for a minute for 2 to get the sauce slightly thickened.
I also have some baby taters going in a CI pan with parm, pepper, and a splash of wine. Cook until tender. With the taters being browned and liquid evaporated.
And for a veggie. I got some asparagus fresh from CA. Trimmed the tough ends and rinsed.
Then gave them a splash of olive oil and lemon juice. Placed on a raised pan. And added salt and pepper to them. And a sprinkle of parm cheese. Cooked at 375 til tender.

Plated up! This is a delicious meal. The only thing that wasn't to my expectation was the asparagus. I was a bit worried that the asparagus might be tough due to how large
the stalks were. And they were a bit. The tops were very good.

P4270810.jpg

That looks real good Steve! I don’t think I’ve ever had Chicken French but I know I would like it with the ingredients and process you described.

Need to put this one on the list.

Boy howdy Steve that sounds and looks to be delicious, Like! When I first started reading the post I thought it was headed in the direction of a chicken parm. Are you cutting the ends off the spargees? We bend them till they snap clean , makes the whole thing edible. Growing up my mom would cut them so they'd all be the same length, the ends were like chewing straw. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
That looks delicious Steve! The sauce is a unique blend and I bet very rich. I’ll have to give that a whirl sometime.

Damn Steve that plate looks delicious. I don't think I have ever heard of chicken French but I sure as hell am going to try it now. And those shrooms look killer too. Very nicely done all around!

Yeah ,,, looks great . Nice meal right there .

I'm with Ray bend and snap .

That looks real good Steve! I don’t think I’ve ever had Chicken French but I know I would like it with the ingredients and process you described.

Need to put this one on the list.
Thank you!

Boy howdy Steve that sounds and looks to be delicious, Like! When I first started reading the post I thought it was headed in the direction of a chicken parm. Are you cutting the ends off the spargees? We bend them till they snap clean , makes the whole thing edible. Growing up my mom would cut them so they'd all be the same length, the ends were like chewing straw. RAY
Thanks! Yes, I bend and snap them as well. They were still a bit tough.

That looks delicious Steve! The sauce is a unique blend and I bet very rich. I’ll have to give that a whirl sometime.
Thank you! It is rich. But doesn't taste as though it is.

Looks Faaaaaabulous!
Nice cook Steve.
Thanks!

Delicious!! Nice job
Thank you!

Damn Steve that plate looks delicious. I don't think I have ever heard of chicken French but I sure as hell am going to try it now. And those shrooms look killer too. Very nicely done all around!
Thank you! This is my go to meal when I'm looking for something different.

Yeah ,,, looks great . Nice meal right there .

I'm with Ray bend and snap .
Thanks, I am too!

Looks fantastic! Gotta try that. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! And you're welcome.

Steve, that meal looks delicious!

Need to add this to the very long list of cooks I need to do....bookmarked.

BIG LIKE!

And I have never heard of chicken french before either.

John

Thank you! I think it maybe a regional sort of thing.

Reactions: MJB05615
This is my version of chicken french. It is kinda like the real thing! I always make a double batch because it reheats well.
4 boneless, skinless chick breasts. Slice in half so that you have two breasts. Then pound flat until they are about 1/4" thick.
Dip in a milk and egg wash. Then coat with flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper.

View attachment 442680

Fry in 375 degree oil until done.

View attachment 442681

Keep warm until ready to plate.

Take 1/4 stick unsalted butter. And melt in frying pan. Add 2 tsp minced garlic. Saute for a couple minutes.
Then add 3 small cans whole mushrooms drained. And 2 tbs olive oil. Continue to saute a few minutes.
Add 1.5 cups chicken stock, 1/2 cup wine, and 1/4 cup lemon juice.

View attachment 442682

Add pepper and 2 tbs parsley. Bring to a simmer. And let it reduce slightly. Then mix 1 tbs corn starch in 1/4 cup wine in a bowl. Then stir into sauce. And bring it to a boil for a minute for 2 to get the sauce slightly thickened.
I also have some baby taters going in a CI pan with parm, pepper, and a splash of wine. Cook until tender. With the taters being browned and liquid evaporated.
And for a veggie. I got some asparagus fresh from CA. Trimmed the tough ends and rinsed.
Then gave them a splash of olive oil and lemon juice. Placed on a raised pan. And added salt and pepper to them. And a sprinkle of parm cheese. Cooked at 375 til tender.

Plated up! This is a delicious meal. The only thing that wasn't to my expectation was the asparagus. I was a bit worried that the asparagus might be tough due to how large
the stalks were. And they were a bit. The tops were very good.

View attachment 442683
Tasty new dish for my to do list! Big Like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky