My New Pellet Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

2Mac

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 30, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Just added this Pellet Grill to my collection of cooking tools last night.
I couldn't resist the deal.
All reviews of it were very good.
Assembled it last night and ran some pellets through it to "season it"
So far I like what I see.
Can't wait to cook on it for the first time.

IMG-2454.jpg
IMG-2454.jpg

I just picked one up on Tuesday. Already smoked ribs, chicken and sausages. Also grilled burgers last night. This thing works awesome, and like you said, couldn't resist the deal. The sale at Canadian Tire ends today if anyone is looking to grab one

Attachments

• IMG_20200603_103126_01.jpg
    IMG_20200603_103126_01.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20200602_163953.jpg
    IMG_20200602_163953.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 19
I just picked one up on Tuesday. Already smoked ribs, chicken and sausages. Also grilled burgers last night. This thing works awesome, and like you said, couldn't resist the deal. The sale at Canadian Tire ends today if anyone is looking to grab one
Thanks.
Wow you smoked all that stuff already.
You're really getting after it.
Enjoy

Looks like a fine smoker. Enjoy

Chris

Thanks.
Wow you smoked all that stuff already.
You're really getting after it.
Enjoy
On day one I seasoned it and did the ribs chicken and sausages together to break it in. This is my first pellet grill (have always used charcoal), and the food came out perfect and everyone loved it. My wife teased me a bit for going with the pellet grill, but after eating the food that came out of it, I I think she's happy with my choice. I dear this looks an awful lot like a pit boss model with the Master chef name on it

Looks impressive. Good luck, I know you'll get a lot of use out of it. Enjoy!

Mike

this looks an awful lot like a pit boss model with the Master chef name on it

Yep looks like a Pit Boss 700. The 820 has the upper grate and an exhaust stack right where that orange block off plate is. The 700 which this thing is a clone of uses vents at the back like this one. Looks to have the older style controller too.

Yep looks like a Pit Boss 700. The 820 has the upper grate and an exhaust stack right where that orange block off plate is. The 700 which this thing is a clone of uses vents at the back like this one. Looks to have the older style controller too.
It's funny you mentioned that model from Pit Boss.
The store I bought mine at had the 700 assembled right next to mine and I couldn't see any real difference other than the price tag that was $200 more.

It's funny you mentioned that model from Pit Boss.
The store I bought mine at had the 700 assembled right next to mine and I couldn't see any real difference other than the price tag that was $200 more.

Five year warranty. Newer controller. But still not a great value since it's due to be replaced with a new model anyway. The features on the two Platinum smokers should show up on new models in the spring.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky