My latest build. 1934 GE refrigerator to charcoal/wood...this is how it's done properly.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

playinpossum

Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
Monterey Bay, Ca
DSCN5915sm.jpg
DSCN5916sm.jpg
DSCN5917sm.jpg
DSCN5918sm.jpg
DSCN5926sm.jpg
DSCN5927sm.jpg
DSCN5928sm.jpg
DSCN5872sm.jpg
DSCN5874sm.jpg
DSCN5884sm.jpg
DSCN5886sm.jpg
DSCN5887sm.jpg

Reactions: Weaverspitbbq
That paint job is great.

Quick q.. how did you attach the drain elbow to the vent pipe? I have a similar setup for a different style smoker and that's a rather elegant solution. I just cut a rough hole in my horizontal run.

O'yeah, the paint job is actually Vehicle wrap... It's holding up very well with all the Rockwool insulation. The drain elbow is 2 brass plumbing fittings, the chimney is solid copper that I aged after assembly, I drilled a hole in the copper and just soldered them together.

Reactions: fivetricks
You had my thumbs up til I saw you gave it away for quackery. I’ll bet you regret that trade before your next “adjustment”.

When you wake up one morning, and can't get out of bed without mass doses of painkillers, and then in 5 days you can without anything...worth every penny to me my friend.

I'm building them to sell anyway, I paid a $5,000 bill, with $1,000 in material, 50 hours of labor, and my back is 100% ... Do you really think I got a bad deal?

I am just saying, as a spinal chord injury case, that I wouldn’t give up a smoker like that for quackery. Chiropractors can relieve less pain than you yourself can.

Mine cost $629 start to finish and half of that was beer.

Good for you to be able to make another one. I had a neighbor build mine. I wish I could build them cause I think anyone that has one would prefer it.

Thumbs up also for not using pain killers, I don’t use them either.

I am just saying, as a spinal chord injury case, that I wouldn’t give up a smoker like that for quackery. Chiropractors can relieve less pain than you yourself can.

Mine cost $629 start to finish and half of that was beer.

Good for you to be able to make another one. I had a neighbor build mine. I wish I could build them cause I think anyone that has one would prefer it.

Thumbs up also for not using pain killers, I don’t use them either.

Yeah, I hate those things, I didn't even take them when I was blown up by a tire 2 years ago! I was just digging a stupid post hole one day a few months ago, and something shifted...Fortunately, I didn't have spinal chord injury, just 30 years of building and installing countertops apparently isn't that great for your body. In keeping with the theme of this forum I'll put it this way, I'm glad there's more than meat smoking out here in Cali....Plus it's 67 degrees :)

DSCN5849b-2418-xs.jpg
Here's my first build, I sold it ( and miss it dearly) but it went to a good home. if an of you are ever in the Monterey area, get over to Grove Market in Pacific Grove, with any luck, they'll have something smoking in it.

Reactions: slapaho_injun
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky