MOTHERS DAY....THREE MEALS ON THE UDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
A big hunk of beef and some ABTs . Thats what was requested... Ok I can handle that. But we are stuck at home all day so why not start with breakfast.

Up at 630 to start the drum and make a blueberry brie bake that I saw on the internet a while back. Ivy loves brie cheese so I figured this would go over well

Started with day old bread loaf cubed up. Added blueberries and a bunch of brie cubed up.
Mixed up eggs ,milk, pure maple syrup,vanilla and cinimon. Poured that over the top , covered and into the fridge. This was done the night before.
0509202113_HDR.jpg
0509202135a.jpg

Sliced some strawberries up and mixed with some sugar and vanilla.
0510200830.jpg

Went on the smoker at 350° for an hour coverd. Then about 45 min uncovered.
0510200944.jpg
0510201020_HDR.jpg

Topped with the strawberries and whipped cream. Now thats a mothers day breakfast!
0510201033a.jpg

This stuff was amazing! I'm not a morning sweets person but this dish had a very "earthy" flavor that went well with the light smoke. The sweet was pretty mellow. I'll definitely be making this again!

Next up lunch time!
Ivy really likes taco layered dip so I made a big pan. Beans , guacamole,sour cream,shredded cheese,lettuce,tomatoe and black olive. Ryder requested no guacamole and no lettuce so thats the thin strip on the one side. To go with it I made some green chilli lime wings.

Layered taco dip
0510201443.jpg

The wings were seasoned with salt pepper and chilli lime seasoning the day before and sat in the fridge over night. The sauce was green chalula mixed with butter and lime juice.
0509202223.jpg
0509202219.jpg
0510201544.jpg
0510201545.jpg

These were some of the best wings ive ever made. Love the chilli lime flavor and they were Smokey and cooked perfect.

It was time to start prepping for dinner.
First I broke down a full prime beef tenderloin I got on sale for $6.99 lb! Here it is...chain removed, the heal,the tails,the trim and the center cut portion. I cut 2 steaks off the center section but ill be using the big chunk for this cook.
0510201936.jpg

I thought the marbling was decent for a tenderloin.
0510201937.jpg

I knew it was going to be a late dinner for us so Ivy got a little mid day snack to hold her over for the main meal.
0510201424.jpg

Got the tenderloin seasoned up and ready to go on the UDS. I also picked up a pacage of scalops I seasoned those with a little olive oil and old bay.
0510202045.jpg
0510202101.jpg

I didnt take any prep pics of the ABTs but they were already on the smoker. When they came off the tenderloin went on at about 200°. When it hit 115° I took it to the grill and gave it a good sear and brought it up to 135°. While that rested on the counter I put the scalops on the grill.
0510202123_HDR.jpg
0510202311a.jpg
0510202316a.jpg

All plated up with a baked potatoe .
0510202322.jpg

Everything came out fantastic! Every single meal was delicious and Ivy was very pleased. A definite food success for mothers day!

Thanks for taking a look!

All looks awesome man! Great day for the wife! I scored a tenderloin and butchered it too over the weekend. Did you toss the trimmings or you got plans for them?

All looks awesome man! Great day for the wife! I scored a tenderloin and butchered it too over the weekend. Did you toss the trimmings or you got plans for them?
I saved the trimmings and the chain. Not sure what to Do with the chain yet.

Saved the chain from mine as well. Also dont know what to do with it lol
I saw a couple recipes on the net. One for Philly cheese steak. And the other one was braised for "beef tips and noodles"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky