modified DB smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teacup13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2007
Sault Ste Marie,ON
well after deciding to nix the last project, i have been coming up with different ideas to modify a double barrel smoker so that it would meet my needs...

heres what i have so far,

the main cooking barrel will be a 30/33 gallon drum

the burn barrel will be a 15 gallon drum

the cold smoker part will be either of the 2 drums, havent decided yet

the DB smoker will sit on is a recycled grill cart with some modifications

the drawings shown are not to scale but for general ideas... any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated..

yah i forgot to add that.... the cut out from the cook barrel will be used, going to drill holes in it, flip it around and use as a baffle

i think it would be awesome. make sure you get some temp readings all over the food racks, so you know what temps will be all over it.

i am going to weld in 4 muffler type pipes to join the burn barrel with the top barrel, with a baffle i am hoping to even out the temps somewhat.

was going to work on it today but it has been pouring for the last two days...gotta stop sometime..lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky