Mitten state new guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Michael1960

Original poster
Dec 11, 2022
greetings.
started smoking two years ago.
smokin it electric smoker.
pork belly, salmon, waterfowl I shoot.
usually using recipes from Hank Shaw or Jess Pryles.
made salmon candy yesterday with a twist. made pomegranate syrup instead of using maple.
salmon candy.jpg

it didn't suck.:emoji_wink:
Mike

edit: just saw there's a gardening forum here also.
we are putting in quite a few cement block raised beds next growing season.
all heirloom herbs and vegetables.

Last edited:
greetings.
started smoking two years ago.
smokin it electric smoker.
pork belly, salmon, waterfowl I shoot.
usually using recipes from Hank Shaw or Jess Pryles.
made salmon candy yesterday with a twist. made pomegranate syrup instead of using maple.
View attachment 650982
it didn't suck.:emoji_wink:
Mike

edit: just saw there's a gardening forum here also.
we are putting in quite a few cement block raised beds next growing season.
all heirloom herbs and vegetables.
Welcome to the group. The salmon looks delicious, but I am not a fish eater at this point, but could change my mind.

Poppo
N.W. GA

Reactions: Michael1960
Welcome from Virginia. Born and raised in Michigan. Good looking salmon candy. I haven't done that in a few years. I'm curious about your pomegranate syrup.

Welcome from Virginia. Born and raised in Michigan. Good looking salmon candy. I haven't done that in a few years. I'm curious about your pomegranate syrup.
4 cups of pomegranate juice
1 cup sugar
stir to dissolve sugar
reduce down to one cup.

I liked it.
the mrs. liked it.
her approval means I can make more.

edit.
my daughter moved to V. Beach.
we're still here.
currently Grand Blanc.
there's been conversation about moving to Sault St. Marie..... some day.

Thanks! I'm planning on rotisserie duck in the future and want to glaze it, so pomegranate might work. If it weren't for some condos in the way I could just about see the Welcome to VA Beach sign from my house. I grew up just south of Detroit.

Thanks! I'm planning on rotisserie duck in the future and want to glaze it, so pomegranate might work. If it weren't for some condos in the way I could just about see the Welcome to VA Beach sign from my house. I grew up just south of Detroit.
store bought duck or free ranging?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky