Mississippi po boy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Fishonshawn

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 10, 2019
Ok I tried Malcoms Mississippi po boy recipe with a prime chuck roast and that was some of the best meat to come off my smoker. Holy crap that recipe is amazing! I seasoned with with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder then sprinkled some 2 gringos chupacabra brisket seasoning on there as well. Smoked for 2 hours and then for the hell of it stuck it on my sear box at high for 1 minute, rotated and did another minute then flipped and repeated. After searing brought it in and did the rest of the recipe as normal. I dont know if the searing helped but I figured a little char couldnt hurt it. My wife said I can not experiment with this recipe and whatever I did this time I need to repeat step for step again next time as it was one of the best things I've made. I agree. Better than any brisket I've done. It's very much like good brisket point but richer. This one is definitely a winner! Thanks to whoever it was that posted that recipe a couple weeks back and brought it to my attention. Didnt get any shots of it being cooked but here's some of the final product. We served it up on buns with pepperjack cheese and I even added sour cream the next day with the leftovers and that was good too. My wife had her leftover in little tortillas and she says that's the way they should be eaten now. I'll have to give the tacos a try next time.
20200330_175525.jpg

20200330_175843.jpg

20200331_165142.jpg

Shredded beef is awesome, and yours looks mighty good!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Great looking beef and sandwich. Got a link to the recipe you followed?

Only difference I did was different seasoning and i seared it after the first 2 hour smoke. I also moved it to my oven for the in the pan part. Didnt want to waste pellets while it was covered up.

Reactions: one eyed jack
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky