Mini pretzel dogs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
After seeing some awesome threads on pretzels. And different ways to make them. I gave my hand at it. I buy those little mini pretzel things from AuntieAnne's once in awhile from the service stations along the thruway or at malls. And sometimes they were fresh and tasty. Other times they tasted like, and they probably were, under a heat lamp for 6 hours. So here goes.

P2080536.JPG

Got a pack of mini hot dogs. And a bag of ready made fresh pizza dough.

P2080539.jpg

Wrapped the little guys with 2 wraps of dough and pinched closed. Got 5 cups of water boiling. And added 1/4 cup of baking soda. For a second there I thought I was going to have a explosion. man, did that foam up! Added them in small batches for 30 seconds. Then brushed with egg. And sprinkled sea salt on them.

P2080541.jpg

Put in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Had with a side of sweet and spicy mustard. This was very good. Much better then I've ever had. For the first time with making this. And pretzels. I really think I'll be making my own pretzels from now on. It is quite easy.

Awesome . Just went and got some little smokies to do the same thing .
For a second there I thought I was going to have a explosion. man, did that foam up!

You must have missed that part of my thread ,, boil it all together LOL , but you know that now .
Nice work .

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Awesome . Just went and got some little smokies to do the same thing .

You must have missed that part of my thread ,, boil it all together LOL , but you know that now .
Nice work .

:emoji_laughing: I was reading other recipes on making pretzels. And followed that procedure. I should have followed yours! My next batch I think I'll try the lil smokies. Should be good.

Reactions: chopsaw
Hey ,, roll some dough out like a bread stick , then cut into 1 or 2 inch pieces . Bake them and dip in nacho cheese . Heaven .

Steve those look great , the pretzel looks perfect .

Alright Steve. The snow needs to clear out and you need to go back to work :emoji_laughing: Seriously, those look really cool my friend. Those for appetizers and the ones Chopsaw posted for dinner. Not a bad gig. Rain supposed to start tomorrow and I'll have all my chores done today. This may very well be on the agenda...or the ones Chopsaw posted. I do love fresh pretzels, that's for sure and what's not to love about Bratwurst or Lil' Smokies?

Getting my Sunday planned out,
Robert

• Haha
After seeing some awesome threads on pretzels. And different ways to make them. I gave my hand at it. I buy those little mini pretzel things from AuntieAnne's once in awhile from the service stations along the thruway or at malls. And sometimes they were fresh and tasty. Other times they tasted like, and they probably were, under a heat lamp for 6 hours. So here goes.

View attachment 431581

Got a pack of mini hot dogs. And a bag of ready made fresh pizza dough.

View attachment 431582

Wrapped the little guys with 2 wraps of dough and pinched closed. Got 5 cups of water boiling. And added 1/4 cup of baking soda. For a second there I thought I was going to have a explosion. man, did that foam up! Added them in small batches for 30 seconds. Then brushed with egg. And sprinkled sea salt on them.

View attachment 431583

Put in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Had with a side of sweet and spicy mustard. This was very good. Much better then I've ever had. For the first time with making this. And pretzels. I really think I'll be making my own pretzels from now on. It is quite easy.
What a great game day snack! Big like!

Hey ,, roll some dough out like a bread stick , then cut into 1 or 2 inch pieces . Bake them and dip in nacho cheese . Heaven .

I'm going to make pretzel bites tomorrow. And since I have another jar of cheese wiz........ tx smoker tx smoker :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink: I thought I'd torture you a touch more Robert!!!

Thanks!

Alright Steve. The snow needs to clear out and you need to go back to work :emoji_laughing: Seriously, those look really cool my friend. Those for appetizers and the ones Chopsaw posted for dinner. Not a bad gig. Rain supposed to start tomorrow and I'll have all my chores done today. This may very well be on the agenda...or the ones Chopsaw posted. I do love fresh pretzels, that's for sure and what's not to love about Bratwurst or Lil' Smokies?

Getting my Sunday planned out,
Robert

I spent 3 hours blowing out the driveway and sidewalk. I'm done with winter. Though I shouldn't complain too much. The winter has been mild so far.

Reactions: DanMcG
And since I have another jar of cheese wiz........ tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink: I thought I'd torture you a touch more Robert!!!

You're not torturing me. I just laugh :emoji_laughing: You're only torturing yourself...and your family...and your friends who eat them. Just kidding. It's no different than all the "feedback" I got about putting a pinch of coffee in my Italian marinara sauce. We all have what we like and there's no fault in that whatsoever. I guess if anybody could make a gourmet meal out of cheese whiz, it's you.

Robert

Well, I gotta go grate some cheese before starting my birthday dinner. Glad I got two big blocks of cheese this time so I'll have some to sent up to Newark :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Haha
Steve Sorry I may have to do these with Pickled Smokies. Nice job they look awesome. Big Likes
Richie

You're not torturing me. I just laugh :emoji_laughing: You're only torturing yourself...and your family...and your friends who eat them. Just kidding. It's no different than all the "feedback" I got about putting a pinch of coffee in my Italian marinara sauce. We all have what we like and there's no fault in that whatsoever. I guess if anybody could make a gourmet meal out of cheese whiz, it's you.

Robert

Aw shucks, twas nothing sheriff.....
Hmm, smoked cheese wiz?

Steve, looks real nice! I make little pigs in a blanket with my son. I think next time we will go the extra steps and do some pigs in a pretzel. LIKE!

Steve, looks real nice! I make little pigs in a blanket with my son. I think next time we will go the extra steps and do some pigs in a pretzel. LIKE!

Thanks Travis. You and your son should have fun doing this together.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky