Michigan Meat Prices

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redneckman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
Alpena Michigan
I am new to BBQ this year and am still getting into what deals are good for ribs, brisket, butts, etc.  I figured maybe it would be a good idea for people to post what they have been paying for a cut of meat and where at.  It might give someone like myself an idea of what is a high price, and what is a steal of a deal!

My dad found some spare ribs for 27bucks today.  He could not remember the weight, but it seems a little high to me.

Chicken wings will be high until the Super bowl is over. Saw em for $2.17 a pound at Sam's club in Utica last night. They had pork loin on special for $1.99/lb. I paid a $1.88 for country ribs and whole pork butts were around $1.69/lb. Chicken, legs and thighs we're pretty cheap though. Brisket was average $35-$45 a flat (can't recall details, sorry).

Thanks Mad Kaw!  They had an area with them and I picked up 5 slabs of them today.  I have only done baby backs, so this will be something new for me.  They look good.  I think the first weekend with warm weather up here they will be on the smoker!

Just a note, I live in metro detroit, I picked up Pork Shoulder (like half of one really, from a grocery store) for .99/lb on sale,  Regular price was 1.29/lb    I overheard a coworker saying she also saw shoulder for .99/lb.    If your in the area the market (name i forget)  on 6 mile between beech daly and Inkster.  open till 8-9pm at night.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky