MES40 won't heat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
For what it's worth, I have the same board and it worked when I removed it. There's a pic in one of the MES PID threads..... but I'm lazy on a friday. It's in great physical condition. The board shows no signs of heat etc. Thought I tossed it a few weeks back. wakame wakame let me know if you want it, or if you're doing the PID thing it's a moot point. I still have not completed my MES 40 project, but it's purely an issue with my external smoke generator, thread to follow in a few days.. The temp control from the Auber PID is ridiculously accurate.
I’m working through some testing. If I fail, I’ll reach out to you for sure.

Based on the DIY thread, does this look like the correct wires to connect to?
B06A1EF6-74EE-4F04-A8E7-8A3C0259AECB.jpeg

If you are bypassing the controller then yes. Black to brown/red and white to brown/red.

This will give the element power when the smoker is plugged in. If you are using a pid then the pid will regulate the power.
Cool, it fires right up. Here come a new Aubrey PID controller.

Looking at the PID, is the multi purposes sufficient? Are there others that would be better?

I got this one. It is their top of the line wifi model. I like it because I can use my phone to program and monitor it.

I got this one. It is their top of the line wifi model. I like it because I can use my phone to program and monitor it.

What’s the different between the probe? What the wall mount sensor?

What’s the different between the probe? What the wall mount sensor?
One is a longer probe for meat and the other is a shorter probe for cabinet temp but it comes with a rack mount. The wall mount isn't necessary it's just another probe that mounts in the cabinet wall.

Cool, it fires right up. Here come a new Aubrey PID controller.
Nice! Glad u got it rewired and heating!

Yeah the multi purpose probe is the one to get with that less expensive unit. I didn't bother with installing a wall mount one. I like being able to move my probe (via a clip) to any rack level I am using, cannot do that with a fixed smoker probe :)

To me being able to move to rack level will always guarantee you the most accurate reading and best performance for holding temps since its always reading from meat level.

This is exciting! :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky