Meatloaf in MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Smoked our version of meatloaf for 3 hrs at 255F using hickory. My wife's recipe: 1 lb gr. beef, 1 lb gr pork, some sweet pepper diced up (about 1/4 of a pepper), 1/2 jalapeno deseeded, 3 or 4 mushrooms sliced, 2 green onions sliced up, bread crumbs and 2 eggs. Tossed in some oregano and rosemary and let it sit in smoker getting happy. Finished temp 170ish and still tender and juicy. The veggies make the difference. My wife made a salad from some farm fresh veggies. Dig in!

Attachments

• 20220702_184520.jpg
    20220702_184520.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 21
I bet it was delicious! That's similar to my meat loaf recipe minus the oregano and rosemary. The mushrooms really turn a so so loaf into a great one, IMO. I have some left over ground bacon that will find its way into my next one, and that should be interesting.

It looks excellent. We love smoked meatloaf. Our youngest son never would eat it until I smoked one lol.

Nice thanks for sharing I absolutely love meatloaf. I think next time I' am gonna do a couple single serving loafs rather than 1 big loaf. just for fun

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky