Meat cuts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fenman

Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Fens, Cambridgeshire, England
I'm struggling to find what your cuts of meat are?
When we buy brisket here it is normally rolled. Perhaps your brisket is what we call 'Top-side or Silver-side'?
What cut is 'pulled -pork' or what is it?
Is there any threads that show what part of the beast your cuts come from as this will help me sort out our cuts, for me to move forward.
Your help will be appreciated

fenman

I think most people use pork butts for their pulled pork. It is the top part of the shoulder with part of the shoulder bone still in it. The ones I have bought usually weigh 6-8lbs.

Thanks PitRow.

Great link & tells me what i need to know.
One thing that is the same, they have 4 legs
biggrin.gif

fenman

ex england here born yorkshire, grew up stevenage herts , now living in australia queensland, and doing amercan style BBQ . just about make ya head spin that . anyway i was having the same trouble you are re meat cuts .
pulled pork ( which by the way is well worth the effort ) is best made from the shoulder either the shoulder roast or the picnic will do .
shoulder is better than leg it has a little more fat ( desirable ).
i do my hot smoking in a weber kettle and a cold smoker is in the planning stage for this coming winter , my pigs should be getting nervous soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky